MWC 300m Water Resistant Stainless Steel Tritium GTLS Navigator Watch (Automatic) - Second Hand But Excellent Condition
This watch is a NAV/AU/ST/LU. We buy these watches from various defence auctions and other disposal sales, a large proportion like this one are in excellent condition and in running order.
Model: Navigator NAV/AU/ST/SL
Condition: Excellent as can be seen in the actual images
Fault: No issues apparent, watch was left running for 24 hours and kept time without any issues so we have to assume this watch is completely felt free.
SKU Code: NAV/AU/ST/LU
These robust 300m water-resistant watches were specifically designed for marine, surface and airborne navigation applications, manufactured to U.S MIL-PRF-46374G specification. The watches all have a 12hr bezel, which offers a very simple and straightforward method to track a second time-zone. The bezel has high visibility numerals and the dial is also very clear and easy to read even under adverse light conditions. The watch uses Luminova which is a non-radioactive paint which stores light and releases it progressively during the night.
The timepiece features a high-quality NH35A 24 Jewel automatic movement. The watch is designed to withstand high G-forces and is water-resistant to 30 ATM (1000 ft/300m) although it is not a diving watch due to using an entirely different bezel format to permit usage in two time zones it is manufactured to the same water resistance rating as our divers models with screw-down crown and caseback. The main difference between this watch and many other models which we manufacture is that it is designed to maintain high levels of accuracy at altitudes up to 12,000m / 40,000ft without compensatory pressurization.
The case is made of stainless steel. The rotating outer ceramic bezel provides annotations to enable the watch to show the time in two different time zones simultaneously.
The crystal is military-grade sapphire which is highly scratch resistant and has two internal layers of non-reflective coating.
Dimensions and Specification:
- Water Resistance: 300m / 1000 ft
- Movement: NH35A 24 Jewel Automatic
- Illumination: Luminova
- Width: Excluding Crown: 40mm
- Width including Crown: 45mm
- Thickness: 14.4mm
- Crystal Diameter: 30.5mm
- Crystal Type: Sapphire with anti-reflective coating*
- Scratch Resistant Ceramic Bezel
- Lug to Lug: 48mm
- Screw caseback
- Screwdown 5.5mm crown
- 20mm NATO Webbing Strap
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% are usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher end watches.