MWC 1940s Pattern Classic 46mm Limited Edition XL Military Pilots Watch with Sapphire Crystal - With Plain Caseback Suitable for Engraving - Ex Display Watch from a Trade Show Save 50%!
This watch is an ex-display watch from a security industries trade show and is brand new but the strap might show signs of having been tried on and the packaging could be a bit soiled.
SKU Code: CLIX/SS/ST/ND/PCB
This MWC Ltd Edition Classic aviator watch is one of our classic Pilot watch models.
The MWC Classic Aviator range watches are all based on military designs from the 1940s and 50s. Some of the models have a traditional second hand within a subsidiary dial above 6 o'clock as opposed to a sweep secondhand because this was a common feature in the 1940s, the other models including this one have a sweep secondhand which started to replace the subsidiary dials on many watches from around 1943 onward. These varying designs mean you have the option to choose a model that suits your personal style preferences.
The extra-large case size of 46mm (excluding the crown) in diameter makes this a very impressive timepiece that has considerable presence and tends to attract a lot of favorable comments, especially from other watch enthusiasts.
The watch uses Super Luminova which is a non-radioactive paint which stores light and releases it progressively during the night.
This model has a traditional automatic 24 jewel NH35A mechanical movement which is visible through the clear caseback the movement has a 41-hour power reserve when fully wound.
- Movement: Self Winding NH35A 21,600 BPH automatic 24 Jewel
- Diameter: 46 mm excluding the crown
- Thickness: 15 mm
- Super Luminova
- Dial: Black dial with white numbers and sweep second hand
- Case Material: 316L stainless steel
- Screw Down Crown
- Water Resistance: 100m / 330ft
- Strap: 24mm High-Quality Stitched Leather
- Crystal: Shatter and Scratch Resistant Sapphire with Non-Reflective Coating *
- Caseback: Plain Caseback suitable for customisation and engraving.
Please Note: For interest value, there are some pictures of the original WWII German Luftwaffe watches which inspired this range at this LINK
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch-resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course, sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher-end watches.