MWC G10 300m / 1000ft Water resistant Limited Edition Military Watch in Brushed Gunmetal Finish with Sapphire Crystal on NATO Strap - Not Running
This watch is a G10/3/GM/LTD below is a full description of this particular watch and the issues which it has (or is reported to have because in many cases the watches do not have significant issues, below that is the full information relating to this model from the factory website which gives full details of all of the dimensions, specification and other information relating to the watch.
We buy these watches from various defence auctions and other disposal sales and it's frequently the case that we find that there is actually nothing wrong with the watch but it has to be assumed it will have some form of fault though in most cases it's very minor or as described below. These watches are disposed of at low-cost because we find that one of the problems is pressure of time for our service staff in the UK and elsewhere and in most cases they have given them a quick check over and nothing is immediately apparent though we have to assume that there is either no real fault with the watch or something will reveal itself over time in which case it’s normally a simple case of a service, repair or battery exchange depending on the exact model
Condition: The watch is brand new and came from a military in security industries trade sale in Korea.
Fault: the watch is not running we don't know if it is simply a battery or maybe it needs a new Ronda 715li movements what is the watch is brand new we are assuming it's most likely a battery even in the event it requires a movement we have the Ronda 715li movements in stock they are $29.50 or £21.00
SKU Code: G10/3/GM/LTD
This watch is a Limited Edition version of the 300m G10 in a brushed gunmetal pattern finish. The MWC 300m / 1000ft water resistant G10 models have the highest water resistance rating of any G10 / General Service watch anywhere in the world. The watch has a highly scratch-resistant sapphire crystal and a Ronda 715li quartz movement with the 10-year battery life which massively reduces maintenance hassles. Although this G10/98 Specification watch like many of our other variants traces it's origins right back to our earliest G10 designs in the 1980s this model is totally updated and no other General Service watch currently in production can beat its the specification.
When MWC secured a contract to produce this model it was specified that the watch should a heavy-duty screwback case, 300m water resistance, sapphire crystal and screw-down crown. The end result of all these improvements means that the specification of the 300m water resistant general service watch is totally unique, these models offer the perfect combination of low maintenance and high durability.
The back of the case bears various contract markings in addition to the unique serial number.
- Case Diameter: 40mm Excluding the crown
- Case Diameter: 42mm Including the crown
- Lug to Lug: 46mm
- Thickness: 13mm
- Weight: 66g
- Dial Color: Black
- Luminosity: Super Luminova
- Case Material: 316L Gunmetal Finish
- Caseback: Screw-down, Stainless Steel
- Crown: Screw Down Locking
- Water Resistance: 30atm (300m/1000ft)
- Crystal: Sapphire *
- Movement: Ronda 715li with 10-year battery life
- Strap: NATO 2 x NATO straps as pictured
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch-resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course, sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher-end watches.