Rare 2004 Military Specification P6506 Watch with GTLS Tritium, Quartz Movement and Sapphire Crystal (Date Version) - Not Running But Around 18 Years Old So Maybe Just a Battery
This watch is an original P6506 in military spec the final image shows the civilian equivalent model which is fairly common but this military specification watch is now very rare, below is a full description of this particular watch and the issues which it has (or is reported to have because in many cases the watches do not have significant issues, below that is the full information relating to this model from the factory website which gives full details of all of the dimensions, specification and other information relating to the watch.
We buy these watches from various defence auctions and other disposal sales and it's frequently the case that we find that there is actually nothing wrong with the watch but it has to be assumed it will have some form of fault though in most cases it's very minor or as described below. These watches are disposed of at low-cost because we find that one of the problems is pressure of time for our service staff in the UK and elsewhere and in most cases they have given them a quick check over and nothing is immediately apparent though we have to assume that there is either no real fault with the watch or something will reveal itself over time in which case it’s normally a simple case of a service, repair or battery exchange depending on the exact model
Condition: Excellent and can be seen in the images of the actual watch
Fault: The watch is not running but as it's over 18 years old it could well be just a question of a battery replacement. Even in a worst case scenario the movement is a freely available Ronda 715 we have in stock or could be sourced cheaply from any watch parts supplier or on eBay.
H3 Commander 100 Watch P6506
Built to US Military specification (MIL-W-6374F), the H3 Traser P6506 Commander Watch is tough enough for even the most strenuous of daily activities.
Used by the military and special forces across the globe, the P6506 Commander is one tough timepiece. Featuring brushed titanium casing, a carbon fibre bezel and hardened sapphire glass, the P6506 Commander can definitely perform but it is also a great looking, high-quality and durable watch.
Water is no threat to the P6506 Commander, whether lying in marshy ground on the battlefield or washing the car at home, the 660-ft (200 m) water resistance of your Commander will ensure it keeps ticking.
For night-time reading, the H3 Traser P6506 Commander Watch utilises a unique and renowned illumination system. Featuring 15 Tritium lights utilising Gaseous Tritium Light Sources (GTLS), the dial of the P6506 Commander will illuminate up to 100 times brighter than any other watch dial without requiring a power source or even the need to press any buttons.
Tritium lights are guaranteed for 10 years and are sealed under high pressure, making them resistant to water, oil and corrosive materials.
Desirable and good looking, the P6506 Commander will withstand the tests of time.
- Black dial
- 200 m water resistance
- Carbon fibre bezel
- Hardened sapphire mineral glass *
- Screw-down crown with double O-ring
- Ronda 715 Quartz movement with second hand
- 40-month battery pre-installed
- Case diameter: 43 mm
- Weight: 72 g
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch-resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course, sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher-end watches.