MWC "Depthmaster" 100atm / 3,280ft / 1000m Water Resistant Military Divers Watch in Stainless Steel Case with Helium Valve (Automatic) Ex Display Watch from the EnforceTac Defence Industries Show
2023 EnforceTac Show which are substantially reduced as you can see below. The watches are as new but the strap might show signs of being tried on and the packaging might be slightly soiled.
The MWC "Depthmaster" Military Diver models are MWC's latest heavy duty range and are both extremely robust with a sapphire crystal as well as being suitable for diving with mixed gases at extreme depths due to the 100atm water resistance rating, they also have a wider strap at 24mm (most military divers watches use a 20mm strap) and a non scratch ceramic bezel which is easier to grip in extreme cold. These watches are specifically designed for use by professional divers under very challenging conditions.
This particular variant has a European NATO pattern dial and is finished in brushed stainless steel. The movement is a high quality 24 jewel automatic NH35A with hacking function to enable synchronisation. The movement also has a 41 hour power reserve.
Dimensions and Specification:
- Movement: 24 Jewel Automatic NH35A with hacking function
- Water Resistance: 100atm / 3,280ft / 1000m
- Screwdown crown
- Helium Escape Valve
- Width: Inc Crown 47mm (Exc Crown 44mm)
- Bezel Type: Unidirectional Non Reflective with Ceramic Insert
- Thickness: 15mm
- Crystal Diameter: 31mm
- Crystal Type: Sapphire with Anti Reflective Coating *
- Lug to Lug: 48mm
- Current Model with Spring Bars
- Weight: 140g
- Case: 316L Stainless Steel
- Illumination: Luminova on markers, hands and bezel
- Strap: 24mm NATO Webbing Strap
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch-resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% are usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course, sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher-end watches.