MWC "Depthmaster" 100atm / 3,280ft / 1000m Water Resistant Military Divers Watch in Stainless Steel Case with Helium Valve (Automatic) - Needs Repair to Crown which Won't Lock
This watch is a 100ATM/1224/SS/AUT 100 ATM divers watch. Below is a full description of this particular watch and the issues which it has also below is the full information relating to this model from the factory website which gives full details of all of the dimensions, specification and other information relating to the watch.
We buy these watches from various defence auctions and other disposal sales these watches are disposed of at low-cost because Play will have some sort of issue as described below.
Condition: Brand New
Fault: Running fine but the crown won't lock
The MWC "Depthmaster" Military Diver models are MWC's latest heavy-duty range and are both extremely robust with a sapphire crystal as well as being suitable for diving with mixed gases at extreme depths due to the 100atm water resistance rating, they also have a wider strap at 24mm (most military divers watches use a 20mm strap) and a non-scratch ceramic bezel which is easier to grip in extreme cold. These watches are specifically designed for use by professional divers under very challenging conditions.
This particular variant has a 12/24 Hour US pattern dial and is finished in brushed stainless steel. The movement is a high quality 24 jewel automatic NH35A with a hacking function to enable synchronisation. The movement also has a 41-hour power reserve.
Dimensions and Specification:
- Movement: 24 Jewel Automatic NH35A with hacking function
- Water Resistance: 100atm / 3,280ft / 1000m
- Screwdown crown
- Helium Escape Valve
- Width: Inc Crown 47mm (Exc Crown 44mm)
- Bezel Type: Unidirectional Non-Reflective with Ceramic Insert
- Thickness: 15mm
- Crystal Diameter: 31mm
- Crystal Type: Sapphire with Anti Reflective Coating *
- Lug to Lug: 48mm
- Weight: 140g
- Case: 316L Stainless Steel
- Illumination: Luminova on markers, hands and bezel
- Strap: 24mm NATO Webbing Strap (1 x Black and 1 x Grey)
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch-resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course, sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher-end watches.