MWC 45th Anniversary Limited Edition Titanium Military Watch 300m Water Resistant, 10 Year Battery Life and Sapphire Crystal - Needs Hand Resetting
This watch is a T/LTD/2 below is a full description of this particular watch and the issues which it has (or is reported to have because in many cases the watches do not have significant issues, below that is the full information relating to this model from the factory website which gives full details of all of the dimensions, specification and other information relating to the watch.
We buy these watches from various defence auctions and other disposal sales and it's frequently the case that we find that there is actually nothing wrong with the watch but it has to be assumed it will have some form of fault though in most cases it's very minor or as described below. These watches are disposed of at low-cost because we find that one of the problems is pressure of time for our service staff in the UK and elsewhere and in most cases they have given them a quick check over and nothing is immediately apparent though we have to assume that there is either no real fault with the watch or something will reveal itself over time in which case it’s normally a simple case of a service, repair or battery exchange depending on the exact model
Condition: Excellent as can be seen in the images
Fault: Second Hand Needs Resetting - Movement is running fine.
SKU Code: T/LTD/1
This limited edition watch was made to celebrate MWC's 45th anniversary, they have made three limited edition watches with only 100 pieces of each model, each watch is numbered, the watch has a titanium case with 300m (1000ft) Water Resistance, screw-down crown, screw caseback, scratch, and shatter-resistant sapphire crystal.
The MWC 300m titanium G10 with a Swiss Ronda 715li movement is one of their highest specification general service watches, it’s by far the highest specification watch of its type manufactured anywhere worldwide. Essentially this model combines the best of both new and traditional watchmaking technology. It retains all the popular features from the conventional 300m steel models but the titanium case, ultra-low maintenance movement and the shatter and the scratch-resistant sapphire crystal make this the ideal timepiece for all military, law enforcement, and security applications.
MWC designed the standard version of these watches specifically for a government contract, when it was pointed out they would not be used continuously and needed to be able to be held in storage and then issued when required without the stores worrying that the batteries might be dead they immediately recommended the Ronda 715li because the 10 year battery life of this movement completely avoids this issue.
The standard MWC G10 is one of the most tried and tested military watches and in its earlier variants has been in service for over 30 years, this model shares a similar design to the steel models but the titanium case puts it into a very separate class of watches. The reverse of the case carries a unique serial number and the watch is supplied in a presentation box.
- Case Diameter: 40mm Excluding the crown
- Case Diameter: 42mm Including the crown
- Lug to Lug: 46mm
- Thickness: 13mm
- Weight: 52g
- Dial Colour: Black
- Case Material: Titanium
- Caseback: Screw-down
- Crown: Screw Down
- Water Resistance: 300m / 1000ft
- Glass: Sapphire crystal with non-reflective coating *
- Movement: Swiss Ronda 715li
- Battery Life: 10 Years
- 20mm Nylon Military Webbing Strap
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch-resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course, sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher-end watches.