MWC 300m Water Resistant Stainless Steel Navigator Watch - Running a - Fault if Any Unknown
This watch is a NAV/QZ/B/LU below is a full description of this particular watch and the issues which it has (or is reported to have because in many cases the watches do not have significant issues, below that is the full information relating to this model from the factory website which gives full details of all of the dimensions, specification and other information relating to the watch.
We buy these watches from various defence auctions and other disposal sales and it's frequently the case that we find that there is actually nothing wrong with the watch but it has to be assumed it will have some form of fault though in most cases it's very minor or as described below. These watches are disposed of at low-cost because we find that one of the problems is the pressure of time for our service staff in the UK and elsewhere and in most cases, they have given them a quick check over and nothing is immediately apparent though we have to assume that there is either no real fault with the watch or something will reveal itself over time in which case it’s normally a simple case of a service, repair or battery exchange depending on the exact model
Condition: Looks Very New as can be seen in the images
Fault: Running - Fault if any Unknown but might need a check over and pressure test
These robust 300m water-resistant watches were specifically designed for marine, surface and airborne navigation applications, manufactured to U.S MIL-PRF-46374G specification. The watches all have a 12hr bezel, which offers a very simple and straightforward method to track a second time-zone. The bezel has high visibility numerals and the dial is also very clear and easy to read even under adverse light conditions. The watch uses Super Luminova which is a non-radioactive paint which stores light and releases it progressively during the night.
The timepiece features a high-quality Ronda high precision Quartz Movement (Ronda calibre 715li) designed to withstand high G-forces which has an incredible 10-year battery life as well as an end of battery life indicator. The watch is water-resistant to 30 ATM (1000 ft/300m) although it is not a diving watch due to using an entirely different bezel format to permit usage in two time zones it is manufactured to the same water resistance rating as our divers models with screw-down crown and caseback. The main difference between this watch and many other models which we manufacture is that it is designed to maintain high levels of accuracy at altitudes up to 12,000m / 40,000ft without compensatory pressurization.
The case is made of stainless steel. The rotating outer bezel provides annotations to enable the watch to show the time in two different time zones.
The crystal is military-grade sapphire which is highly scratch resistant and has two internal layers of non-reflective coating.
Dimensions and Specification:
- Water Resistance: 300m / 1000 ft
- Movement: Ronda 715li with 10-year battery life
- Illumination: Super Luminova
- Width: Excluding Crown: 40mm
- Width including Crown: 45mm
- Thickness: 15mm
- Crystal Diameter: 30.5mm
- Crystal Type: Sapphire with anti-reflective coating*
- Lug to Lug: 48mm
- Screw caseback
- Screwdown 5.5mm crown
- 20mm NATO Webbing Strap
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% are usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher end watches.