MWC 24 Jewel U.S Pattern 300m Automatic Military Divers Watch with Sapphire Crystal and Ceramic Bezel on a NATO Webbing Strap
This watch is an SUB/SS/24LA below is a full description of this particular watch and the issues which it has (or is reported to have because in many cases the watches do not have significant issues, below that is the full information relating to this model from the factory website which gives full details of all of the dimensions, specification and other information relating to the watch.
We buy these watches from various defence auctions and other disposal sales and it's frequently the case that we find that there is actually nothing wrong with the watch but it has to be assumed it will have some form of fault though in most cases it's very minor or as described below.
Condition: The watch is brand new with the plastic protectors still on the Crystal and case back etc.
Fault: The watch is running fine but the fault is pretty straightforward for anyone with basic horological skills to resolve it could also be easily dealt with by a good watch maker. The fault is that when you lock the crown the hands will also turn so it's impossible to set the watch to the right time without this problem is corrected.
Product Code: SUB/SS/24LA
This watch is one of MWC's current military specification divers watches in a robust stainless steel case with an anti reflective sapphire crystal and scratch resistant ceramic bezel, the watch has an automatic (self winding) 24 jewel NH35A model with a 41 hour power reserve and represents exceptional value for such a high specification timepiece.
This watch measures 45mm including the crown and 40mm excluding the crown and is supplied with a black military webbing strap.
Dimensions and Specification:
- 300m / 1000ft Water Resistant
- Movement 24 Jewel NH35A with 41 hour reserve
- Screwdown crown
- Screw Caseback
- Ceramic Scratch Resistant Bezel
- Sapphire Crystal*
- Width Inc Crown 45mm (Exc Crown 40mm)
- Thickness 15mm
- Crystal Diameter 31mm
- Lug to Lug 49mm
- Weight 89.5g
- 20mm Webbing Strap
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% are usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher end watches.