Grenson 24 Jewel Automatic Pilots Watch with 100m Water Resistant on Calf Leather Strap - Part Exchange Watch in Mint Condition
We received one of these watches as a part exchange from a customer, who had only had it for three months, he realized that he preferred a quartz watch due to the fact he was wearing various different watches on a daily basis hence an automatic was somewhat difficult for him to live with compared to quarts because they need to be worn to keep them moving. When the watch came in to our office, we put it on the watch winder to check its accuracy etc and it's keeping good time and there's normally within a few seconds a day so it's extremely accurate.
The Grenson watch like most models of this type are all based on case designs from the 1940s, these big classic cases are ideal if you want a modern easily maintained automatic watch that has the style and appearance of a watch used in the past.
The extra-large case diameter of 46mm (excluding the crown) makes this a very imposing timepiece that has considerable presence and tends to attract a lot of favourable comments, especially from other watch enthusiasts. The other plus is just like in wartime when this type of case and general design was used by the Luftwaffe the large dial makes the watch easily readable under all conditions night or day. This particular watch made by Grenson is quite rare and whilst we have successfully secured a few in the past we haven't seen any for several years, so this is probably the last one.
This model has a traditional automatic 24 jewel mechanical movement which is visible through the clear caseback.
- Movement: Self Winding automatic 24 Jewel
- Diameter: 46 mm excluding the crown
- Thickness: 15 mm
- Dial: Black dial with white numbers and subsidiary second hand
- Case Material: 316L stainless steel
- Luminova painted dial for superior nighttime performance
- Screw Down Locking Crown
- Water Resistance: 100m / 330ft
- Strap: 24 mm High-Quality Stitched Leather
- Crystal: Hardened Scratch Resistant Crystal
- Caseback: Clear Caseback provides a comprehensive view of the mechanical movement