Stainless Steel Military Divers Watch with 12/24 Format dial and an Automatic 24 Jewel Movement, 12 Hour Dial Format, Sapphire Crystal and Ceramic Bezel
SKU Code: XLD/AU/24/SSPVB
The MWC Kampfschwimmer (Military Diver) models are one of MWC's latest heavy-duty range of divers watches and have a significantly more robust case than most other military dive watches, they also have additional crown protection, in addition, this model also has the advantage of an impact-resistant sapphire crystal and a scratch-resistant ceramic bezel. These models also use a wider strap at 24mm (most military divers watches use a 20mm strap) and a thicker bezel design. The thicker bezel makes it significantly easier to grip, this was a feature which was specified in a procurement contract because these watches were specifically designed for use by Police and Military divers as well as for use in inflatables operating in cold and extreme environments. This watch is the same as product code XLD/AU/24/SSPVB/FP the only difference is that it has spring bars which how much more flexible if you want to change straps or fit something other than a military NATO or Zulu strap.
This particular model has a 12/24 hour format NATO pattern dial and is finished in brushed stainless steel with a sapphire crystal which is both impact and scratch-resistant. The movement is a high quality 24 jewel automatic with a hacking function to enable synchronisation and a 41-hour power reserve.
Dimensions and Specification:
- Movement: 24 Jewel Automatic with hacking function
- Water Resistance: 300m / 1000ft
- Crown: Screw Down Locking
- Width Inc Crown: 48mm
- Thickness: 15mm
- Weight: 120g
- Crystal Diameter: 31mm
- Crystal Type: Shatter and Scratch Resistant Sapphire with Anti Reflective Coating.*
- Lug to Lug: 51mm
- Case: 316L Stainless Steel
- Illumination: Luminova on markers and hands
- Strap: 24mm NATO Webbing Strap (1 x Black and 1 x Grey)
* A lot of people ask us the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch-resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course, sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher-end watches.