MWC Mk III Stainless Steel 1950's Pattern 100m Water Resistant Automatic Military Watch with Sapphire Crystal (1979 Remake) Ex Display Watch from a recent security, industries trade show in California - Half Price Save 50%!
This watch is one of two which are brand new and ex-display watches from a Security Industries trade show in California, it is fully guaranteed and reduced to half the regular price. Other than having been tried on by a few people the watch is perfect and a bargain at half the normal retail price.
SKU Code: MKIII/79/SS/AU
This MKIII variant has the same dial pattern as a model which we made in 1979. All of the MKIII automatic models are a recreation of the classic 1950s NATO specification watches which were made under UK Ministry of Defence reference 6B/346 Mk XI. Although it is very similar in style to the watches made at that time they offer greatly improved accuracy through the use of a modern 24 jewel NH35 Automatic movement with up to 41-hour power reserve and a hacking function.
The reality is that with the budgetary constraints no modern military forces could afford watches of this quality when cheaper models can meet the need. In the past, the world's forces regularly purchased Rolex, IWC, Omega, Longines, and various other well-known brands. Unfortunately, those days are long gone. Because many people still want a military pattern watch that looks right even though it is made to a much higher specification we offer the MKIII models. No expense has been spared to create a superior quality product from the high-performance movement to the brushed stainless steel 1950/60s design case which is manufactured and hand-finished in Zurich, the model was also upgraded recently with a scratch and shatter-resistant sapphire crystal with non-reflective coating.
The watch has a screw caseback and screw-down crown; it is highly accurate and very robust as well as being water-resistant to 100m (330ft).
- Diameter - 38mm exc crown, 40mm inc crown
- Lug to lug: 45mm
- Water Resistance 100m / 330ft
- Luminous Material: Super Luminova
- 24 Jewel NH35A Automatic Movement
- Power Reserve: 41 Hours
- Screw Down crown and caseback
- Shatter and Scratch Resistant Sapphire Crystal *
- Thickness 12.5mm
- Weight: 73g
- Strap: 20mm NATO
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch-resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers, and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course, sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher-end watches.